Jutha Maritime Public Company Limited was established as a limited company on 24th June 1976, to offer liner service between Japan-Thailand. The company became a member of Thailand-Japan Freight Conference and Japan-Thailand Freight Conference on 19th October 1976 and 1st December 1976 respectively.
In 1982 Rear Admiral ChanoPhenjati and associates became the majority shareholders of the company. Under his management, the company has maintained its original policy of being Thai flag carrier while services expanded into other areas of marine transportation and vessel management resulting in continued growth in line with the economic state of the industry.
Originally registered with a capital of 40 million baht, the company became a listed company in the Stock Exchange of Thailand on 29th December 1989 and the registered capital was increased to 60 million baht. Since that time investment in the company has changed depending on economic situations. Major fluctuations include:
- On 15th November 1994 the registered capital was increased to 240 million baht.
- On 19th April 2001 the registered capital was increased to 480 million baht.
- On 29th May 2003 the registered capital was increased to 860 million baht.
- On 28th November 2005 the registered capital was decreased to 344 million baht by deceasing par value from 10 baht to 4 baht.
- On 14 September 2006 the registered capital was decreased to 258 million baht by decreasing par value from 4 baht to 3 baht.
- On 25th October 2013 the registered capital was increased to 325.350 million baht.
- On 6th February 2014 the registered capital was increased to 650.700 million baht.
Today, the Company continues to expand into marine-related businesses that support the core business of the Company to be in line with economic situation and world shipping market.